The check-in procedure is a big task once your travel plan is completed and your bookings are made. However, you do not need to worry about if you have made your reservation with United Airlines. The check-in procedure with United Airlines is quite simple. Just look at the United Airlines check-in and learn about its key advantages.
United Airlines Check-in Time:
United Airlines offers travelers policies so they can opt for check-in at least an hour before departure. Therefore, to know more about the check-in timing of your flight, read through the below-listed instructions:
United Airlines Check-in Time Online:
United Airlines allows check-in via online mode 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
Travelers can choose to initiate the check-in via online mode an hour before the departure.
If you want a physical assistant with you or want to carry more bags, then you can mention them while submitting your request.
United Airlines Check-in Time at Kiosk or Airport
Travelers can opt to check in at a kiosk or airport at least four hours before the departure based on the destination, fare category and type of flight.
The offline process of travelling requires a lot of time along with money. The travelers must look for the desk and complete the check-in procedure.
Some passages can allow the traveler to check-in in an hour before the set departure.
To complete your United Airlines check-in procedure, the traveler must pay some charges such as administration or service fees and other applicable charges.
United Airlines Check-in Time curbside:
The curbside check-in period with United Airlines ranges from 30-40 minutes before the scheduled departure and depends entirely on the itinerary and type of flight.
Travelers can only complete the procedure for check-in within the deadlines. Otherwise, their boarding will be treated as per the no-show policy of the airline, and the ticket value will be forfeited.
United Airlines Flight Check-in Procedure
The check-in procedure with United Airlines can be implemented in many ways. Some of the ways are clearly described below:
United Airlines Check-in: Online
The check-in solution with United Airlines will be available in the Mobile app and website. All procedures are the same and relatively easy to proceed with. The check-in process can be completed by following the few basic steps described below:
United Airlines web check-in
- The traveler can choose their preferred browser and log in to their account on the United Airlines website.
- Now complete the authentication procedure by using your username & password.
- Then, revisit the home screen and hit on the check-in tab.
- Type in the e-ticket or confirmation and your last name in the boxes. The MileagePlus member is required to input their MileagePlus members along with their password.
- Now hit on continue to proceed for sign-in to your account.
- You will see a list of the trips you have finished or upcoming.
- Now choose the trip you would like to check-in
- A new page will open.
- Choose the passenger’s name traveling on the flight
- Now select the number of bags you are carrying with you.
- On the same, choose your seat, or you can change or upgrade your heart to the desired one.
- Pay the applied charge and tap on the “submit” button.
- At this point, you can print your e-boarding pass.
United Airlines Check-in App:
- Install the United Airlines official mobile app on your device.
- Now go to the homepage and hit on the “check-in” tab.
- Fill in your e-ticket or confirmation number and your last name in the boxes. If you are a MileagePlus member, you must type your MileagePlus number followed by your password.
- Now hit on the “sign-in” or “continue” tab according to the options. On the following page, choose the trip you want to check-in.
- You will be asked to input more information about your travel when submitting your check-in request. Here is it:
- Flight number
- Number of bags
- Passenger’s name.
- Choose your preferred seat
- Applicable fee payment.
- Now hit the submit tab.
- Thereafter you will be taken forward to complete your check-in procedure and can choose to print your boarding pass if it is ready.
- At last you need to show the boarding pass at the airport gate.
Eligibility Criteria for United Airlines Check-in
- Travelers should have confirmed tickets
- Reservations should be made via online portals.
- United Airlines should be operating those flights.
- The verified booking is for the utmost nine passengers.
- The complete itinerary should be comprised of at max four flights.
- United Airlines’ check-in procedure online requires the traveler to scan their passport through their app.
Passengers who are not eligible for United Airlines online check-in
If the travelers have paper tickets or offline tickets.
If the booking is made via any unofficial portal.
Travelers who require wheelchair support or are traveling with their pets.
United Airlines offline Check-in procedure:
If travelers check in offline, they need to contact the airport counter. If you are arriving at the facilities, you need to look for the boarding pass via any of the two techniques. Hence, the techniques that can be used for offline check-in procedures are:
- Reaching out to the Kiosk tower or
- Standing in a queue at the desk.
How to pick up your boarding pass from the Kiosk platform?
- Reach out to the Kiosk.
- Now submit your required details on choosing United Airlines.
- Select a seat.
- Make the payment for applied charges.
- Now print the United Airlines boarding pass.
The airport process is similar to the check-in procedure from the kiosk platform.
Eligibility for travelers for offline United Airlines check-in is similar to online eligibility. The only difference is that the booking should be made offline. But if you have made the reservation from any unofficial portals, you are not for offline check-in.
Minimum required times for checking baggage and check-in:
For United Airlines flights, the passengers need to follow the guidelines. Have a look at below guidelines:
- For most United and United Express flights operating within the United States, the passengers who tend to travel without any checked baggage should check in approx. 30 minutes prior to the departure.
- In case you are traveling through United Express and United-operated flights within the United States, the passenger, along with checked baggage, should check in 45 minutes before departure.
- If you are traveling internationally through United Express and United-operated flights, the passengers should check in at least an hour before departure. It doesn’t matter at all if they are checking baggage or not.
- The flight from or to the Marshall Islands and Micronesia should check-in at least 90 minutes before departure. It doesn’t matter at all if they are checking baggage or not.
- If you have made your reservations for the flights operating from Guam at 9:30 am, the traveler can check in the night before between 9:30 pm and 7:30 pm. If you carry a perishable item, you must go for regular check-in.
United Airlines Baggage Fees:
The charges are applicable for baggage. The fees are determined by the fare type, the destination, and the traveler status with the United Airlines Frequent Flyer program, in case you are an active US military personnel or possess sponsored charge or credit card from United Airlines.
The fees for United Airlines hold baggage or checked baggage for United States domestic flights:
- $35 for the first bag
- $45 for the second bag
- $150 for the third or more bags.
Also, the traveler can add up to two checked bags and be prepaid online.
United Airlines hold baggage, or standard checked baggage from/to US international flights, is zero for the first bag, and for the second bag, it is $100. For International basic economy hold luggage or checked baggage fee for the first bag is $60 and for the second bag, you must pay $100$. However, for some routes, United Airlines considered two checked baggage as standard. You can visit United.com online to look at the bag fee calculator.
At last United Airlines offers one of the best and clear check-in policies for passengers. As a result, we have tried to cover all the points about the United Airlines check-in policy have a look!
United Airlines Check-in policy: Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the list of FAQs related to the United Check-in policy:
Is United.com can be used for check-in if I have baggage to check?
Yes, United.com can be used to check in your baggage or if you are travelling only with your carry-on bags. On reaching out to the airport, the best way to check the bags is to reach out to the airport counter kiosks. In many cities, there are dedicated kiosk sections to help the passengers out.
Can a mobile device or cell phone be used to check in with United?
Yes, with the help of your mobile, you can check in to your flight. Reach out to United.com via the internet browser. The other way to check in via your mobile is through United App.
What’s the minimum time for Check-in for United Airlines?
For passengers, the minimum time for United Airlines to check in is:
60 minutes prior to the set departure time for international flights from/to the United States.
30 minutes prior to the set departure time for flights travelling through the United States domestic flights.
When can I check in to my United flight?
The check-in procedure with United starts 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. The minimum time required for baggage check and check-in will also vary as per the destinations and departure airport.
Does United follow a strict bag policy?
The passengers must know they can only bring a carry-on bag if they fly across the Pacific, Atlantic or South America. Every other bag is required to be checked. Do know that if you check your carry-on bag at the gate, you need to pay the standard bag charges along with the $25 as the additional charges.
What if I need help to print my boarding pass or if I have lost it?
You can always request to print your boarding pass at the airport kiosk.
If I have booked my ticket from a travel agency, can I still use United.com for check-in?
Yes, you are eligible for check-in if you have an electronic ticket.
If my flight is changed or canceled, will I be re-accommodated or notified?
United Airlines will notify you of the delay or cancelation if you have signed up for the subscription service for flight status at United.com. If you still need to subscribe to the service and your flight is canceled, you can contact United to rebook your flight. If you are already present at the airport, then the agent will have a look at their re-accommodation procedure, or you can also use the airport kiosk.