How can you change your name on Air Canada Flights
Air Canada Name Change or Correction Policy allows the traveler to change or correct their names on their ticket if there is some issue in spring. The name printed on the ticket should match the photo id, so there is no issue during boarding.
If your name needs to be corrected on the Air Canada ticket, or if there is any typo error, you need to contact the authorities with valid documentation to prove your point. Else they can decline your boarding. Lets have a look at the detailed version of Air Canada Name Change or Correction Policy:
Air Canada Name Change or Correction Tips:
- The middle name is optional to be printed on the Air Canada boarding pass or ticket.
- As per Air Canada name change or correction policy, the traveler’s last and first names should be correct on their boarding passes.
- If you notice any misspelling or mistake on your ticket within a day or 24 hours of booking, the best option is to cancel the reservation, opt for a refund, and rebook your ticket with the correct name.
- If you notice the issue after 24 hours, you can reach out to Air Canada in your nearby location or city.
Air Canada Name Change or correction Policy
Air Canada only allows name changes if the passenger’s name is changed due to legal, divorce, legal issues, etc. You can contact Air Canada Airlines with any of the supporting documents for the name change:
- Divorce decree
- Valid court documentation
- Marriage certificate
- Legal adoption papers
Air Canada Name change or correction procedure:
If you find an error on your ticket while booking, you can change your key per the instructions listed below. Here is the complete procedure by which you can change the Air Canada name on your boarding pass:
- Firstly, look for the Air Canada flight website, reach out to the official website, and you can access it via any device.
- You need to select the “Manage reservation” option and hit it.
- Select the “Manage to book” tab to modify the passenger’s boarding pass.
- Now on the same page, you can type the reservation number mentioned on your ticket.
- On the next page, enter your last name, and you will have the list of flights booked for you.
- Hit on the flight you need to change your name, rectify the spelling, and then select the save tab to save the change.
- The Air Canada airline will update your booking with the correct name and send you a confirmation email to your registered address.
Air Canada Name Change or Correction Fee
Typo errors and misspellings do not incur any fees if backed up the valid legal documentation. If the ticket is required to be re-issued as it is comprised of many errors, then you can be charged:
- $25 if you are making changes to the comfort ticket
- $50 if you are making changes to your Flex ticket.
You will never be charged if you change the business, Latitude and Premium Economy tickets.
Air Canada Name change or correction fee waiver for support people:
Air Canada provides a name change fee waiver for people who travel with disabled travelers. The support person’s name change must be made 48 hours before departure. No fees are applied for the support people.
Lastly, Air Canada offers a straightforward Name change or correction policy for travelers. You can read it through and take the required actions if you have made any errors on your ticket. Keep in mind the fee that you need to pay for the rectification and had to go through a complete procedure. It is best to double check your booking. Our Air Canada Name change or correction policy will guide you in rectifying your name and also states the fee needs to be paid.